Nosql Remote- und Homeoffice Jobs
Hybrid Backend Engineer - Cloud Technology
Cloud Academy · Bezirk Lugano, Tessin, Switzerland · Hybrid
- · 0 oder mehr Jahren Erfahrung
- 1 Mitarbeiter
- Optionales Büro in Bezirk Lugano, Tessin
Details zum Jobangebot
Cloud Engineer - Labs Technology
[PLEASE NOTE] This position can be either:
- based in the UK. A trip to our office in Switzerland (expenses paid by the company) one week per quarter, to work onsite with the team, is required
- based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, which is 7km over the border from Italy and easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano. We are also happy to assist with your relocation to this beautiful part of Europe and we have a hybrid remote working policy.
Cloud Academy is a hyper-growth upskilling and reskilling SaaS company, focused on enabling enterprise customers to have full transparency and control over their tech workforce skills readiness. In a rapidly changing cloud technical landscape where there is an increasing tech skills gap in the market, combined with the difficulty organizations are facing to retain tech talent and the demands for numerous technical certifications, companies need the ability to manage these skills at scale more than ever. We help over 1000 customers visualize, assess, transform and measure their teams’ tech skills readiness through a unique Skills Intelligence Platform, powered by world class cloud training content. Companies like Warner Media, Deloitte, JP Morgan Chase and Walmart trust Cloud Academy with their technical cloud skills readiness at scale, so they can achieve their cloud business goals.
We are a global team, with colleagues in over 14 countries worldwide. We are a diverse team that is innovative, collaborative, pragmatic and passionate about making an impact. We thrive on a common vision, we obsess about our customers and learners, and we take pride in the quality of our work. Most importantly, we know that individually we are only as good as our teams are, and we always have each others’ backs.
We are seeking driven, highly competent, and creative team players to join us on the next phase of our growth story, as we scale our winning products to help even more customers and learners.
As a Cloud Engineer on the Labs team, you are joining one of the most innovative teams at Cloud Academy.
Our Labs technology is a unique software that allows thousands of people every day to work with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and other DevOps common tools to learn and test their skills.
You will be a part of a cross-functional team of software engineers with years of experience working on cloud environments and web products, Product Managers, and Product Designers to create a unified end-to-end customer experience.
This position will take ownership of how features and services are implemented on our infrastructure, managing microservices, event buses, and Kubernetes clusters.
- Write well-structured, maintainable, idiomatic code with good documentation; unit tests for every feature, bug fixing, and code reviews.
- Communicate with the rest of the company (e.g. product, sales, marketing, UX, etc) to ensure the functionality you're implementing is what was intended.
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team, including mobile developers, designers, and product managers, in order to deliver new features quickly.
- Work closely with the SRE Team to ensure smooth deployments, ensuring that errors are logged with enough info to debug effectively.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-oriented technologies: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Long experience and passion for coding, web technologies, and shipping features that drive users adoption.
- Strong understanding of server-side technologies such as Python, Go, Django, Flask, Celery, and both Relational and NoSQL databases: PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in modern web patterns: RESTful APIs, SOA, WebSocket and WebRTC.
- Experience with distributed version control systems: mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket).
- Familiar with cloud architecture patterns and best practices for designing highly available, scalable and secure systems.
- Familiar with Infrastructure as Code tools like CloudFormation and Terraform.
- High level of English proficiency, both spoken and written.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a sense of urgency and integrity.
Also great to have:
- Able to find creative solutions to interesting problems.
- Curious with a constant desire to learn and collaborate.
- Problem-solver attitude, passionate about digging into complex and challenging problems.
- Competitive compensation and a bonus plan
- Four weeks of paid vacation per year (that increases to five weeks after two years with the company!) plus one day off per year to volunteer at your favorite non-profit
Equality & Diversity:
- We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, socio-economic background, neuro-diversity, education, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Gepostet am 17. Nov. 2023.