Elasticsearch Remote- und Homeoffice Jobs
Hybrid Software Engineer - Scala (m/f/d)
HolidayCheck AG · Bottighofen, Thurgau, Switzerland · Hybrid
- · 0 oder mehr Jahren Erfahrung
- 1 Mitarbeiter
- Optionales Büro in Bottighofen, Thurgau
Details zum Jobangebot
What awaits you at HolidayCheck
HolidayCheck – make an impact, shape tech in tourism
For more than 20 years, HolidayCheck is one of the leading eCommerce companies within tourism. Our vision is to make vacation better. We leverage technology competing in a very challenging environment and with over 600 (micro) services running on a cloud infrastructure, we serve millions of offers coming from billions of combinations every day to customers looking for their dream vacation.
We excel with modern software, creative ideas, and agile teams. Teams are empowered to foster their contribution to the bigger goal by choosing the right technology for the right problem. We value on code reviews, pair-programming, self-organization, and flexibility. Collaborating with others is key, as taking decisions as a team is as well.
Your responsibility and scope:
• You develop, test and deploy reactive Scala/Akka microservices
• You join the HolidayCheck Tour Operator team and contribute to a tech-driven startup within the company
• You think in solutions, not problems, and you express your creativity when faced with limits and ambiguity
• You value on pair programming, code reviews and tests
• You care about performance
What is in for you?
• Remote work / Home-office friendly
• Flexible working hours International team
• Choose your hardware: Windows, MacOS or Linux
What we are offering you - Our "All inclusive Package"
- 20-day Workation: Pack your laptop and enjoy 20 days per year in breathtaking locations within the EU. Beaches, mountains, or vibrant metropolises - the choice is yours!
- 50/50 Hybrid Model: With our 50/50 Hybrid Model, you can juggle between remote work and office presence flexibly. Meet your colleagues for brainstorming sessions, table tennis battles, or inspiring conversations on our 3 office days per week. Strike the perfect balance between flexibility and collaboration. Additionally, you have one flexweek per month where you can work completely remotely.
- Diverse company culture: Experience a world trip within a single company. With over 30 nationalities in our team, we celebrate a vibrant and inclusive company culture. You can expect a melting pot of ideas, perspectives, and traditions that will broaden your horizons.
- Onboarding program: From newbie to champion - we accompany you on your "Roundtrip" through HolidayCheck and ensure that you feel at home from the very beginning. Get ready to hit the ground running!
- Flexible working hours: Work-life balance matters to us. Enjoy flexible working hours that fit your lifestyle, allowing you to excel in both your personal and professional endeavors.
- Free parking or public transportation subsidy: You can choose whether to park your car in your personal free parking space or benefit from a subsidy for public transportation in Munich.
- Family-friendly: We understand the challenges of balancing work and family. That's why we offer a Kita (childcare) subsidy to ensure your little ones are well taken care of while you follow your passion at work.
- Training budget: It's no coincidence that one of our company values is #better. We invest in your growth! Take advantage of our individual training budget and a comprehensive range of training opportunities, empowering you to develop new skills and unleash your full potential!
- Celebrate Milestones: With our anniversary vouchers, we celebrate your long-term commitment and show our appreciation with additional vacation days or a monetary contribution towards your next dream vacation.
- Tech freedom: At our company, you determine how you work! You have the freedom to choose your own hardware, whether it's a MacBook, a Windows laptop, or Linux. Unleash your creativity with the right hardware.
- Fitness and culinary delights: We care about your well-being! Our exclusive fitness discounts and free yoga classes at the office help you to stay active and healthy . In our subsidized canteen in Munich and with our amazing chef Evelyn in Bottighofen, you can expect delicious and healthy meals. A treat for body and mind!
What you need to succeed
What we look for:
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience in developing backend systems and services
- You are fluent in Scala and passionate about functional programming
- You have knowledge in SQL and NoSQL technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch or Kafka)
- You know “why” and “how” to write tests
- You always keep the quality aspect in mind
- You appreciate and provide feedback
- You want to share your knowledge
- …and you LOVE your work!
Things we don’t filter by:
- Degrees: Degrees are a privilege that we don’t base our decisions on
- GitHub profile: Not everyone has time & energy to program in their spare time
Are you ready to join the HolidayCheck adventure? Then grab your suitcase full of talents and send us your application! Show us who you are, what drives you, and why you're excited to make vacations better together with us.
Do you want to be part of the next generation of holidays? In a constant changing environment, HolidayCheck wants to be there when the Urlaubers look again for their greatest time of the year. We want to bring them back to the beach!
At the heart of our corporate culture are our values. We live by them every day! They have helped us create an environment of continuous personal growth and trust, where HolidayCheckers can work autonomously and with a lot of flexibility, in small, self-organised teams. We improve ourselves daily, listen carefully to our customers and deliver working software to them frequently.
Do you also share our values and are you ready for the journey with HolidayCheck? Then become part of our team!
Gepostet am 16. Nov. 2023.