Design Remote- & Home Office Jobs
Hybrid Senior Analog/mixed-signal IC Design Engineer - Acacia
Cisco · San José, CA · United States Of America · Hybrid
Details zum JobangebotAcacia designs intelligent transceivers using advanced signal processing and photonic integration for the 100G, 400G and 1T bit speed fiber optic transmission market deployed in data center, metro, long-haul and ultra-long haul telecommunication networks.
What you'll do:
As a member of the Mixed Signal Design team, you will be a key member of a small, dynamic IC Design group that develops high speed (>25Gb/s), and high accuracy, analog designs for optical communications products. You will architect, design, layout, measure and productize ultra-deep sub-micron-based CMOS products.
You will lead efforts for a large block on a complex chip, mentor team members and track deliverables, participate in peer review of complex IC designs and provide solid design methodology from conception to production.
You will also collaborate with packaging and hardware design team to ensure signal and power integrity specifications are met.
Who you’ll work with:
You will work with other Acacia mixed-signal engineers to collaborate in order to provide an optimized design that will integrate into the ASIC. In addition, you will have the opportunity to interact with other Acacia groups including digital/DSP design, system design, package design, and module design.
Acacia takes pride in providing and fostering a collaborate environment in order ensure success and personal growth.
Who you are:
You are enthusiastic about developing high speed AMS circuits and best-in-class products that push the boundaries of what is possible. You are detail oriented, high energy and the drive to get things done and solve difficult problems.
You are capable to figure things out by yourself, but you also participate in our friendly and team-oriented collaboration approach, which means you enjoy learning from your colleagues and letting them learn from you.
You are not shy to always point out how we can be more effective as a team, and you are open to similar suggestions by your team members.
Your great personal and communication skills allow effortless collaboration within and across teams and to steer the development in a positive direction.
- BSEE degree with 12+ years of experience or equivalent or an MS degree with 8+ years of experience, or equivalent or a PhD with 5+ years of experience, or equivalent
- Design, simulation and measurement of high speed ICs in at least 3 areas below:
- High Speed Serial Links utilizing serializers, deserializers, and data convertors.
- Voltage Regulators
- High Performance Output Drivers
- High Performance Phase Locked Loops
- Efficient clock Transmission/propagation
- Opamps and Programmable Gain Amplifiers
- Equalization techniques
- Direct experience with electrical transceiver applications including backplane and cable communications
- Experience with FinFET technology
- High-frequency layout experience a plus: Passive component design: inductors, -transformers, transmission-lines, etc.
- Floorplanning (power/ground, digital/analog signal routing, etc.)
- Custom transistor layout
- Characterization over PVT (monte-carlo analysis)
- Electromigration analysis (using Totem, or equivalent)
- Power and IR drop analysis
- Solid ESD laboratory practices and methodology
- Construction of test setup to test specific circuitry
- Experience in the use of high frequency test equipment (BERT, jitter analyzers, VNA/PNA, etc.)
- Cadence (virtuoso)
- Layout validation tools (Virtuoso or Calibre)
- Post-layout Extraction (Virtuoso or Calibre)
- Mixed signal simulations in AMS
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data traveling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges, and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and sizes to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Gepostet am 26. Feb. 2024.