Remote- und Homeoffice Jobs in Bern
Hybrid Solution Engineer, Hosting Services
CSL · Bern, Switzerland · Hybrid
- · 0 oder mehr Jahren Erfahrung
- 1 Mitarbeiter
- Optionales Büro in Bern
Details zum Jobangebot
Drawing on a variety of professional experience, you will provide engineering support for our infrastructure function. You will focus on the automation of infrastructure processes and tasks across all departments in infrastructure, with a focus on our Hosting Services. You have a track record in building and deploying automation solutions that reduce provisioning time, increase provisioning quality, and improve efficiency across both on-prem and cloud environments. You will work both on your own and in a team setting. Your success requires a technical and a track record in creating solutions.
We are offering a flexible and hybrid working model.
- Create a foundational inventory of infrastructure processes and activities.
- Responsible for analyzing and evaluating architectures against new technology trends or business growth areas.
- Research and make recommendations for any technologies or practices that would maximize current investments.
- Facilitate automation deployments to reduce manual processes and increase efficiency across systems and data centers. Ensure technologies and processes are simple, standard, and integrated.
- Experience building prototypes, proof of concepts, or full product deployments.
- Consult with engineering teams to help them use our platform and tools on which to run their applications
- Develop solutions for faster problem identification and resolution
- Hold regular meetings with IT Teams to evaluate possible areas for improvement in their current processes
- Analyze resource requirements and usage, and suggest options to improve and cut costs
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; educational concentration in a computer-based discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Information Systems) or a technical discipline (e.g., Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred.
- Master’s degree or post graduate coursework is preferred.
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech or similarly regulated environment experience is preferred.
- Experience with enterprise automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Experience writing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) automation and PowerShell scripts
- Expert in VMWare environments, including vRealize Automation and vRealize Operations
- Experience managing hyperconverged platforms, such as VXRail, Cisco UCS, Nutanix, etc.
- Expert in working with operating systems like Linux, Windows, or Unix
- Experience with working in Azure, AWS, etc. desired
- Demonstrated knowledge in creating process workflows and applying automation
- Demonstrated knowledge in Active Directory services
- Demonstrated knowledge in enterprise backup processes
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment is a plus
- Diverse level of knowledge with industry standard server hardware, operating systems, storage area networks, virtualization, and networking technologies.
- Troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to propose and implement sustainable solutions.
- Ability to develop business knowledge and experience.
- Balancing technology, frameworks, strategy, and practical constraints
- Experience in areas of compute, storage, backup, virtualization, hyperconverged technology.
Gepostet am 21. Nov. 2023.