Remote- und Homeoffice Jobs in Zürich
Hybrid Computational Software Engineer
Distran · Zürich · Switzerland · Hybrid
- · 0 oder mehr Jahren Erfahrung
- 1 Mitarbeiter
- Optionales Büro in Zürich
Details zum Jobangebot
Who we are
Distran is a fast-growing, award-winning, Swiss high technology company producing an extraordinary product: a sensor that literally sees the sounds. Our unique product is used by major global players in Oil and Gas, Chemical, Power and even Space Exploration to detect gas leaks before they become dangerous to either humans or the environment. With strong growth in 35+ countries, our company continues to expand thanks to our amazing people passionate about innovation, climate change, and protecting the environment.
About the role
Rapid software implementation of the algorithm and signal processing applied to the acoustic image and leak detection are at the root of the success of the Distran Ultrasound cameras. As a member of the software team, and in collaboration with our models and signal processing specialists, you will help Distran implement computational software that results in new and improved features for our users.
In this role, your responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the development of signal processing code with high-performance, scalable, and reliable software
- Implement and help validate reference algorithms and signal-processing computational software
- Develop our computational software toolset to improve and help innovate our product’s numerical pipeline
- Enable automation, enable distributed and accelerated computation
- Participate in the team effort in code and model review, testing, documentation, and tasks organization
- MSc, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Computational Physics / Chemistry / Science, or a related field
- Three years experience in data science, computational, scientific, and/or array-oriented software development
- Strong skills with Python (including packages such as NumPy, Matplotlib, SciPy) and finding the right open-source resources
- Good mathematical foundation with a particular focus on numerical analysis, modeling, and/or computational science
- Experience working with large and complex datasets
- Interested in learning new technology stacks and enabling productive workflows
What we offer
Bringing groundbreaking innovative technology to a market best-seller is a rewarding social and professional experience. This job is for you if you like to give meaning to your work and have a strong impact on a product, on a company and on your professional growth. Besides a competitive salary package, since the establishment of our offices, our employees in Zurich have been enjoying working in a multicultural and central location in the heart of a vibrant neighborhood of Zürich, as well as engaging weekly events sponsored by us.
Note to agencies
Distran does not accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than directly from a candidate. Distran will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited offer, even in a situation where Distran employs the relevant candidate. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Distran’s Human Resources team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed agreement for service and in response to a specific job opening. Distran will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
We kindly request all applicants to submit their applications in English. As part of our evaluation process, we will only consider applications that are presented in English.