Microsoft-excel Remote- & Homeoffice Jobs in Baden
Hybrid Project Engineer Automation (80-100%)
ABB · Baden, Aargau, Switzerland · Hybrid
- · 0 oder mehr Jahren Erfahrung
- 1 Mitarbeiter
- Optionales Büro in Baden, Aargau
Details zum JobangebotTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working as a Project Engineer Automation & Process Control, you will be part of our international project team providing solutions to our customers in the Mining, Aluminum, and Cement industries, providing complete plant automation solutions worldwide.
You will have responsibility in various topics from design and project execution to customer interactions. At the same time, the position will allow you to grow within your role and internally
Are you curious and eager to take a new opportunity? Find below the responsibilities this position offers.
This position reports to
- You will design, implement, upgrade, retrofit, and expand ABB’s 800xA distributed Industrial Control Systems (ICS, DCS, PCS) and AC800M PLCs for the overall process control and as well auxiliary systems for ABB’s Gearless Mill Drives (GMD), incl. Power Factor Correction (PFC) sub-systems and electrical SCADA integration. Planning & supervising construction of automation hardware and small low voltage distribution solutions
- Carrying out quality inspections & factory acceptance tests
- Commissioning of our solutions at customer locations worldwide and provide service support on site as well as remotely
- Interacting & collaborating with engineering peers across multiple locations
- Assisting project managers and project lead engineers in technical reviews and discussions with customers, partners, subcontractors, and vendors and assess impacts of requirements on project execution
- Helping customers resolve technical issues both remotely and at customer sites worldwide and enhancing customer satisfaction by providing excellent service at all stages of the project as well as providing technical details and costs calculations for sales proposals and support our customers remotely
- Minimum 3 to 5 years verifiable work experience in the field of industrial control system or automation, incl. commissioning experience
- Sound knowledge of IEC 61131-3 PLC programming languages, like Function Block Diagram (FBD) and Structured Text (ST), preferably with ABB products
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP networks and different communication and fieldbus protocols, like Profibus/net, Modbus TCP/RTU, OPC, etc.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in electrical/mechatronics engineering or a similar field or a degree from a technical college with a focus on Industrial IT and automation systems
- Ability to work autonomously and with a high level of self-motivation, curiosity, and desire to learn more about new technologies
- Good technical communication and business-fluent in English (written and spoken), basics in German language welcome, additional language skills advantageous
- Willingness and ability to travel for worldwide commissioning and service activities (30%) as well as good physical health and resilient cardiovascular system to be able to work above 4’000m altitude for limited periods
- Flexible work practices
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products, and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality to help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries – Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, and Food and Beverage.
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is led by Ceren Oezen, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you would like to learn more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Gepostet am 21. Nov. 2023.