Remote- und Homeoffice Jobs in Schlieren, Zürich
Hybrid Research Scientist – Vision Foundation Model
Sony Europe · Schlieren, Zürich, Switzerland · Hybrid
- · 0 oder mehr Jahren Erfahrung
- 1 Mitarbeiter
- Optionales Büro in Schlieren, Zürich
Details zum JobangebotSony AI is seeking research scientists to join our Privacy-Preserving Machine Learning (PPML) team. Our team mainly focuses on fundamental and applied research in privacy and security, with a focus on building vision foundation models in a trustworthy manner. The role of a research scientist is to conduct innovative research, develop methodologies, design and prototype solutions, and collaborate with various team members to empower real-world AI applications (e.g., Imaging&Sensing) in Sony.
- Conduct fundamental and innovative research in large vision foundation models, including but not limited to architecture design and methodology design.
- Contribute to deployment foundation models and use them in production to solve problems of business partners.
- Work closely with research, engineering, and product teams, seeking high-impact opportunities to launch solutions and advance long-term business growths, specifically Imaging&Sensing business.
- Deep understanding of large vision foundation model development and various CV applications, such as Image classification, object detection, pose detection, semantic image segmentation, etc.
- Publish influential research outcomes, and give presentations in top-tier conferences and journals.
- Work experience with a role with a primary emphasis on vision foundation model and computer vision research.
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Statistics, data science, or other related disciplines.
- Publications or hands-on experience in large vision foundation model development, computer vision, data synthesis, knowledge distillation, and distributed/decentralized system design.
- Strong programming skills in Python, experience in Pytorch or Tensorflow.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team
- (Preferred) Experience in leading or participating in significant research projects.
- (Preferred) Experience in computer vision applications and/or AI
- (Preferred) Paper awards in top conferences, or winner of international competition award
Surrounded by Swiss Alps, the Schlieren office is at the doorstep of Zurich, which is consistently voted in top three best cities to live. The city benefits from a very rich ecosystem where prestigious universities, research institutes, companies and organizations collaborate for the development and design of next generation technologies. Our office is very well connected with public transports (train, tram, bus) and located in a very modern and bright building. We have several enjoyable break rooms as well as a terrace which we use for regular social team events or as a casual working area. Our team is unique and international, representing engineering and sales/marketing functions, which creates this unique and passionate Sony Swiss DNA.
Life at Sony
We ensure competitive salaries and benefits by using established benchmarking. We encourage healthy work-life balance supported by hybrid and flexible working policies. We are a positive community who dream big together, respect each other, and enjoy a collaborative culture.
We like to celebrate our colleagues who make a real difference using our recognition platform. We also provide access to numerous services and platforms for all aspects of wellbeing. We listen to our people through conversations and surveys, respect their suggestions, then act on them. We also provide allowances for volunteering days so that our staff can support the causes they are most passionate about.
You can build your career around you with our fantastic range of learning & personal development programs to enhance your skills. We also encourage our staff to try exciting new roles, in a wide range of countries, with a supportive mobility team to support you if you take that leap!
Bring your uniqueness to Sony
We are passionate about creating a culture that promotes equity and cultivates inclusion, diversity, and belonging. We want employees with diverse backgrounds and perspectives that will stimulate innovation and have a direct impact on our creation of social value to fulfil Sony’s purpose – ‘to fill the world with emotion, through the power of creativity and technology’. We want you to bring your unique self to work and help shape our culture.
We are Sony Europe.
Our people collaborate in an environment of respect, integrity, and open-mindedness. Diverse teams from all over Europe are the driving force for our business, and we embrace the differences that make each of us original and unique.
With offices in 28 European countries, Sony Europe caters to consumer, professional, semiconductor and healthcare markets with innovative electronics products and solutions. Our European laboratories research and develop new technologies and capabilities that contributes to the Sony Group and important issues on a planetary scale.
Bring your passion, creativity and ambitions to Sony Europe. Apply now, and let’s create the future together.
Gepostet am 15. Sept. 2023.