Sap Remote- & Homeoffice Jobs in Zürich
Hybrid Solution Architect Optical Systems 80-100% (m/f/d)
Thales · Zürich, Switzerland · Hybrid
- · 0 oder mehr Jahren Erfahrung
- 1 Mitarbeiter
- Optionales Büro in Zürich
Details zum JobangebotA Joint Venture between Thales (67%) and Leonardo (33%), Thales Alenia Space is a global space manufacturer delivering, for more than 40 years, high-tech solutions for telecommunications, navigation, Earth Observation, environmental management, exploration, science and orbital infrastructures. Thanks to our diversity of skills, talents and cultures, our customers (governments, institutions, space agencies, telecommunications operators), therefore have Space to Connect, Secure & Defend, Observe & Protect, Explore, Travel & Navigate.
We say HI* ̶ Welcome to the Thales team!
- Human Intelligence
Say HI* to your career as a
Solution Architect Optical Systems 80-100% (m/f/d)
in Zürich (Ref. Nr. R0234183)
In Zurich awaits you a center of excellence for optical, quantum-based communications and opto-electronic observation and communication systems used in satellite and space technology. This is the place for you if you don't just dream of space travel, but want to work on the development, operation and deployment of satellite-based systems that help position and connect everything and everyone everywhere, observe our planet and optimize the use of Earth's resources - and of our solar system. Join the team of experts at Thales Alenia Space, a key partner for governments, institutions and businesses. We look forward to meeting you!
As a Solution Architect Optical Systems Role within Thales Alenia Space, you will:
- Lead the solution architecture definition for optical and electro-optical systems and maintain the solution throughout the product life cycles, perform requirements and verification management in collaboration with SEM and IVVQ Manager
- Lead the architecture and requirements definition
- Analysis of customer and stakeholder requirements
- Define the development and verification logic
- Definition of interfaces and requirements for external partners
- Definition of product architecture for reflective and refractive optics and related development approach
- Definition, analysis and trade-off of system concepts in multi-disciplinary teams
- Failure mode analysis for optics productso Setting up / flow-down budgets (mass, volume, power, pointing accuracy, WFE, reliability, etc. )
- Establishing key project documentation (e.g. development plans, design description and justification reports, interface control documents)
- Verification control throughout the project life cycle
- Documentation of the activities and results of the system configuration and Support Action Item management
- 7+ years experience in (refractive and reflective) Optics development
- Degree in Optical Engineering
- Experience in optics simulation (Zemax, Optisim, CodeV, ASAP) is compulsory
- Experience in product development for reflective and refractive optics and related development approach
- Experience in Systems Engineering, architecting and problem solving is compulsory
- Experience in risk management
- Knowledge of mechatronics and/or electro-optical hardware development is an advantage
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art Requirements Management tools (DOORS) is an advantage
- Experience in photometric analysis/ detector performance assessment
- Ability to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English
- Pronounced self-motivation and commitment in connection with a strong sense of responsibility and reliability
- Pronounced communication skills and proven experience in working in international environment
- Experience in space or aviation is an advantage
- Experience in optics Assembly, Integration and Test (AIT) is an advantage
- Representing/Leading engineering teams
For our 77,000 employees in 68 countries, we open up forward-looking perspectives, realize individual career paths and enable creative freedom. We achieve this through courage, diversity, and the determination to make the demanding challenges of our time safer and more inclusive. With our sustainable, value-oriented employee management, we actively advocate diversity.
Say HI* – Your way to us
When the writing is on the wall, our international teams are there to tackle today's complexity with tomorrow's industry-leading technologies. Are you in? Your contact Frederic Martin is looking forward to receiving your online application via our career portal.
Talent Acquisition Partner
Notice for recruitment agencies:
Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, we regret to inform you that the CVs submitted by recruitment agencies are not processed. We will take into consideration only the CVs submitted by the candidates.
We appreciate your understanding to Thales recruitment processes.
At Thales Alenia Space we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales Alenia Space employing around 8,900 employees in 10 countries with 17 sites in Europe and a plant in the US, our mobility policy enables employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad. Thales Alenia Space sees space as a new horizon, helping to build a better, more sustainable life on Earth #SpaceForLife. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Gepostet am 1. Nov. 2023.