- · 0 oder mehr Jahren Erfahrung
- 1 Mitarbeiter
- Optionales Büro in Schweiz
Details zum JobangebotOur mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Consensys Staking is a leading ETH staking provider, currently operating ~4.5% of all Ethereum validators, with around 1 million ETH staked to date or around $2B of value in dollar denomination. Consensys Staking prides itself on secure and reliable infrastructure with a SOC 2 Type I and II certification. Our resilient, distributed, and configurable infrastructure (multi-cloud, multi-region, multi-client, multi-MEV relayers), alongside our comprehensive validator performance reporting, is attractive to institutional-grade stakers.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer to help accelerate the growth of our Staking-as-a-Service platform ConsenSys Staking and double its market share by leveraging on the distribution and audience of our flagship products Infura and MetaMask (leading web3 wallet) as well as MetaMask Institutional (one of the leading institutional and Enterprise web3 wallet).
For this role, there is a strong focus on performant architecture, resilience and availability as well as a research aspect which includes deeply exploring new technologies related to the Staking space including: data availability layers and re-staking. The role serves to design a fine balance between client diversity and stability, whilst increasing yield and adding new feature optionality as a result of protocol and ecosystem technology.
The ideal candidate for this position has deep experience using and working with the Ethereum protocol in a Staking related capacity and is able to lead a feature area autonomously. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience in optimizing for security and stability whilst being able to ‘look ahead’ and run continuous experiments in order to steer the technical direction of the product.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- 6+ years of experience as a Backend Software Engineer working on production application
- Experience with back-end development (preferably Typescript)
- Experience designing and deploying in production complex software and cloud architecture and distributed systems
- Experience with containerised deployments on Kubernetes and deploying cloud infrastructure (AWS / Azure) and/or running Ethereum node software on VMs
- Experience with, or understanding of database like PostgreSQL and data indexing architecture and infrastructure
- Experience working on agile projects in an Agile environment
- Experience working in CI/CD setup
- Experience working in a distributed, remote team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Writing good technical documentation
- Located in EMEA/able to work EMEA business hours
- Deep understanding of the Staking eco-system across Ethereum or other protocols
- Experience designing and implementing features in an Staking product
- Working awareness of the Ethereum roadmap and how EIPs can impact a product
- Working experience deploying and running infrastructure and software on bare metal server configuration.
- Blockchain / smart contract development: Solidity / Ethereum, Web3.js or Ethers.js library
- Experience working with decentralized applications or web3 protocols
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related subject
- Experience in Typescript / Golang
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).