- · 0 oder mehr Jahren Erfahrung
- 1 Mitarbeiter
- Optionales Büro in Berlin
Details zum JobangebotDepartment: Research
Employment Type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Berlin, Germany
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Paris, Sydney, Madrid, California and Austin, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.
As The German Flexibility Associate, You Will Lead Our Analysis On Batteries And Other Sources Of Flexibility Within Our German Research Team. Recent Topics We Have Worked On Include
- Market outlook and optimization strategies for battery storages in Germany
- Recent trends in ancillary services markets in Germany
- Benefits for co-location renewable energy and battery storage
- Ways to achieve net zero emissions in the German power market, and its implications for renewable energy and battery developers
You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to influence decisions in the energy sector, and grow into an industry expert under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The successful applicant will combine strong quantitative ability with a track record of performance in team-orientated environments. The position suits a professional with 3-6 years of relevant experience at a research or consulting firm or a company in the energy sector. The exact entry position will be dependent on experience and educational level.
- Lead a project team with 1-3 colleagues in developing timely and rigorous quantitative analysis on batteries to enhance the client’s decision making.
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their interests and gain new insights.
- Monitor the latest policy and market developments.
- Communicate findings to clients in workshops and conferences.
- Contribute to our flexibility product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities.
- At least 3 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, investment bank or other knowledge-driven firms or institutions (e.g. Think tank, Research or university institute).
- Demonstrated success in project and process management in team-orientated environments.
- A university degree in either:
- A quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments.
- A social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis.
- A proven ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information.
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Proficiency (C1 Level) in English and German.
- Strong interest in energy markets, previous professional or academic exposure to energy beneficial.
- Experience in working with energy system and/or optimization models.
- Experience in managing project teams.
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal, collaborative and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills within the responsibilities of your role and within the wider context of the industry
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), offering a complete support network that offers expert advice and compassionate guidance 24/7/365, covering a wide range of personal and professional aspects
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
To apply, please submit your Résumé / CV, a personal summary, your salary expectations and please inform us of your notice period.