- · 0 oder mehr Jahren Erfahrung
- 1 Mitarbeiter
- Optionales Büro in Basel
Details zum JobangebotOverview
PM Group is a leading International engineering, architecture, project and construction management firm. With a network of offices in Europe, Asia and the US and a multi-discipline team of more than 3,700 people, we deliver complex capital projects in the pharma, life sciences, food and beverages, mission critical/ICT, advanced manufacturing, energy and environmental sectors.
Our Swiss Business has grown substantially over the past year, with many new team members joining us in our new Basel office. Our teams are executing exciting and important projects for our clients, leading to great opportunities to develop your career.
We are currently looking to recruit a Head of Projects for Switzerland reporting into the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and governance of PM Group’s Project Management capability and capacity. The Project Managent team lead the execution of Pharmaceutical/BioPharma/Life Sciences projects.
Job Role and Responsibilities will include:
- Leading & supporting proposal / business development activities — developing execution strategies, preparing hour estimates, proposal documents, etc.
- Plan, review and approval of Project Execution Strategies
- Promotion of Multi-Office Execution (MOE) project execution in line with our Group and office strategy
- Office Projects Initiation & Planning
- Ensure all projects are set up per PM Group procedures. This includes making sure the following are in place for all projects: project set up checklists, scope of services execution plan, project reviews plan, lessons transferred etc.
- Ensuring Customer agreements & Purchase Orders are in place
- Review and approval of Work Orders in Agresso [a PM Group commercial system]
- Office Projects Governance & Close-out
- Leading Office Projects Meetings to help ensure all office projects are delivered efficiently, effectively and profitably
- Participating in and ensuring completion of commercial / risk reviews
- Ensuring that all relevant projects complete Project Monthly Internal Reports (PMIRs)
- Reviewing the PMIRs to understand the commercial performance of projects and resolving commercial difficulties should they arise
- Ensure project invoices are issued and payment is obtained
- Support project reviews & maintain quality standards across projects
- Ensure compliance with the relevant engineering, and construction regulations and legislation
- Ensure that office projects are appropriately closed-out and in accordance to PM Groups project close-out procedures.
- Team management & coordination
- Setting of budgets for the Projects Team
- Responsible for the management and distribution of centralized communication about all projects within the office, and heavily influencing new projects during their early stages (project initiation) and less involved during the latter project stages.
- Manage the interdependences among all projects within the Office, which involves integrating information from all projects to assess whether the organization is achieving its strategic objective
- Managing of interfaces with other Teams
- Developing and implementing corrective action plans if required
- Maintaining quality standards within the Projects Team
- Recruitment, Training & Internal initiatives
- Overseeing the recruitment, development and allocation of Project Engineering and Project Management personnel to meet project requirements
- Ensuring appropriate training is provided for project personnel
- Development of resources —internal training, performance appraisals, mentoring of Project Managers, Project Engineers, etc.
- Lead Projects related business improvements via the Project Management Forum (PMF) and liaise as necessary with other PM Group internal forums
- Supporting the development and rollout of initiatives to improve efficiency and quality
- Support the Projects Community on Scope [a PM Group Intranet].
- Project Management
- Successful candidate to have the ability to project manage, and lead a multi-discipline engineering team from all project life cycle stages (Feasibility to Close)
- Ensure that each project/project phase is Initiated, Planed, Executed, Monitored & Controlled, and Closed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Masters qualification in project management is preferred.
- Project management certification, such as the PMP, is preferred.
- 10+ years' experience
- Broad experience in Project Management of medium / large scale projects with a preference for experience gained in Life Sciences/Industrial Complex Projects(Bio/Pharma/MedTech etc)
- Broad experience in Project Management tools & Design Management
- Broad experience in interdisciplinary coordination
- Strong business and commercial skills
- Strong leadership skills, and team building skills
- Good communication and people skills
- Good time management skills
- Self-starter and decision maker
- Fluent English speaker with a preference for a second language an advantage (German, Flemish or French)
- Self-starter and decision maker